It’s Walktober in Mendocino County!
(Taken from www.healthymendocino.org)
The Challenge: Walk for 10, 20, or 30+ minutes EVERY day
during the month of October.
October is the perfect month to get outside, join up with co-workers, friends, and family, and go for a walk – and walking is the ideal way to be active. It’s available for all ages and abilities, whether you are young or old, fast or slow, and even if you roll!
Walktober is about getting outside to move your body and breathe in the crisp fall air. It’s about moving more by incorporating walking into daily activities.
- Walk to do an errand instead of driving the car
- Walk your children to school and enjoy some quality time together
- Join friends for a walk at the park or along the beach
- Hold a walking meeting with work colleagues instead of sitting in an office
- Take an after-dinner walk around your neighborhood to wind down from your day
Ready to take the Walktober Challenge?!
- Download the “Goal Setting Guide” so that you can set goals for Walktober that will work for you and your fitness level. Click HERE for the guide, and remember to consult your health care provider if you have any health issues to consider.
- Like us on Facebook to get weekly tips and stay in touch with other Walktober Challengers!https://www.facebook.com/HealthyMendocino/
- Ask your family, friends, and coworkers to support your efforts – and hopefully to join you in the Challenge!
- Take and Tag your walking photos! #walktober
- Follow us on Instagram! We’re @walktober_mendo
Children’s Health Fair in Ukiah – October 2, 2016
First Friday ArtWalk in Ukiah and Fort Bragg – October 7, 2016
Acorn Harvest Hike in Hopland – October 8, 2016
Gualala River Run 5k/10k run/walk in Gualala – October 15, 2016
PumpkinFest Street Fair in Ukiah – October 15 and 16, 2016
Big River Walk & Paddle in Mendocino – October 22, 2016
5k run/walk on the Willits Bypass – October 30, 2016